National Print Studio Network
Aims and objectives|
The aim of this network is to:
1. Generate dialogue regarding contemporary print practice in Ireland.
2. Encourage greater interaction between Fine Art Print facilities and their Artist Members.
3. Provide increased creative opportunities to members of all print workshops in Ireland.
This will be achieved by:
1. The regular exchange of relevant information regarding the genre of printmaking, notification of artistic opportunities etc.
2. The set up of a Members' Access Programme (provision of [free] print workshop facilities on a national basis).
Members Access Programme
How will the Access Programme work?
Duration: 1-week daytime access (9am-5pm, Mon - Fri).
Eligibility: No selection process takes place, however artists requesting to participate in this Programme must be fully paid members of their own studio and must sign an Access Agreement Form in advance of the visit.
Artists must submit the following items to the host studio 1 month in advance of the proposed visit (Artist's will be reminded that access may not be possible due to high volume of activity in the Host Studio, but will be accommodated at a more suitable time):
A letter of recommendation from their Studio Director.
A current CV and a profile of the work to be carried out.
Selection of images of previous work.
Proof of up-to-date Membership.
No monetary fee applies; as 'payment', visiting artists must:
Agree to contribute 1 finished print to the host studio's Print Archive.
Be willing to give a talk to the members of the host studio on either their own work or about the studio of which they are a member.
What does the Host Studio Provide?
1. Basic print materials.
2. Technical Assistance (in line with service to Host Studio Members).
What does the Host Studio NOT Provide?
2. Contribution to any costs incurred by the artist ie travel, transportation or stipend for the duration of this Access Programme.
3. The Host Studio will not cover the cost for large scale or costly artwork production. Visiting printmakers will be charged the Studio rate for materials beyond those originally provided.
What is required of the Host Studio?
The Host Studio must:
1. Ensure visiting printmakers are fully aware of all Studio Safety Policies and Evacuation Procedures from the outset.
2. Compile a brief report on each of the artist's who have used their facilities through this Programme.
3. Advise the Home Studio of any mishap or misconduct of any visiting printmaker as soon as possible.